The whole world is suffering from the spread of the novel coronavirus, we are all In the same ongoing battle to contain the spread of Covid-19, that’s why paying attention to every single detail can make huge difference starting from your personal hygiene, social distancing ,cities shut down to border controls All will help to prevent its spread
During Social distancing, you’re not isolated- thanks for the technology-cause, you are distant, yet still connected. of course, you have the world in the palm of your hand…your smartphone keeps you connected with the world. It’s your best friend.
Can your best friend be your worst enemy?
Unfortunately, the Answer is Yes, especially Now due to COVID-19 pandemic cause literally your smartphone can be the carrier of the virus
Due to our increasing dependence on smartphones, it probably comes as no surprise that our devices are covered in bacteria. Once you hear the amount and types of bacteria, you might think twice about placing your next call without disinfecting first
According to research, published in 2018 by Insurance2Go, a gadget insurance provider, revealed that smartphone screens have three times more germs than a toilet seat. Very bad News isn’t it?!
Expertes recommend start Cleaning Your phone Case first
You might want to wash the case with water and any household soapy cleanser, but you better try the following for better disinfection capabilities
- Using 70% rubbing alcohol: Dip a soft lint-free cloth into the alcohol and apply it to your smartphone case. Get into corners wipe down the entire case. Allow the alcohol to evaporate. It won’t leave smudge marks like water will.
- With your case clean, you can now move on to cleaning your smartphone itself.
· Now what about disinfecting Your Smartphone?
First and foremost, you will want to consult the website for the manufacturer of your phone for any specific instructions in order to avoid damaging your device or case.
Many manufacturers, including Apple, have provided recommendations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While specific instructions may vary depending on your device most of the following apply on the most devices:
- Use only a soft, microfiber cloth.
- Avoid excessive wiping.
- Unplug all power sources, devices, and cables.
- Keep liquids away from your device.
- Don’t allow moisture to get into any openings.
- Avoid aerosol sprays, bleaches, and abrasives.
- Avoid spraying cleaners directly onto your device.
- Apple is recommending the use of 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipes or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes to wipe down any hard, nonporous surfaces.
- avoid using chlorine bleach, it could damage your phone.
How often should you clean your phone?
As the frequency will vary with your habits , If you are being diligent about washing your hands, you would need to clean the screen less often, maybe once or twice a day.
If you are putting your phone down on a potentially contaminated surface, washing your hands infrequently, et cetera, then I would recommend more often three to four time would be even better